These warm summer days can make looking great a challenge. Eyeliner gets smudged, eyebrow color disappears and lipstick wears right off as the temperatures climb. Maybe you’ve thought about how nice it would be to have permanent makeup that doesn’t sweat off. What’s holding you back?
For some people, it’s thinking they’re not the “right” age. The good news is that — as long as you’re an adult over 18 — there’s no issue with getting permanent makeup applied. Clients range in age from young adults to seniors – even quite a few who are in their 90’s. If your skin is in good condition, you could be a great candidate for permanent makeup and enjoy the ease and convenience it offers.
Permanent makeup could be right for you if:
- You love being outdoors, are athletic or a gardener, especially in the summer, and your applied makeup sweats off easily.
- You’d like to look younger with attractive permanent color for eyes, brows and lips that doesn’t wash off.
- Your lip area is less defined and your natural color has faded; you’d like to regain that beautiful smile.
- Your eyebrows have lightened or thinned or are no longer symmetrical. Adding natural looking brows can make you look years younger.
- Drawing on eyeliner, lip liner and brows is difficult, whether that’s because of an unsteady hand, declining eyesight or just struggling to get the lines perfect.
- You lead a busy lifestyle and welcome the time savings that comes with permanent makeup. (10 mins a day adds up to 60 hours a year)
Keep in mind that older skin may take a bit longer to heal. It’s important to allow 4 to 6 weeks for complete healing. No worries…. You’ll look great during the healing process. It’s also not uncommon for women to need a minor touchup after healing to ensure that pigmentation is even.
When you’re ready for permanent makeup, look for an experienced artist with an extensive portfolio and have a consultation. A permanent cosmetic specialist who is a member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (SPCP) will have the expertise you need to have success with permanent makeup on skin of any age. Don’t decide on a permanent makeup artist based on the lowest price; instead, look for a practitioner who has many photos of previous work and can answer all your questions.
Cheryl Lohman,CPCP of Oregon Permanent Makeup is an Oregon Licensed Permanent Makeup Artist and Esthetician, and is a Lifetime Member in the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals (SPCP). For more information you can reach her at 541-740-1639 or visit her website at www.OregonPermanentMakeup.com.